Thursday, May 27, 2010

Viewing the world through a Kaleidoscope!


I have always seen things from many lenses, multiculturalism personified!
I'm an American girl with strong Persian traditions, surrounded by diversity & sometimes lost in translation. Nothing is ever black & white...
I am inspired and driven by colors...the vibrant hues that exist only in nature or the stark contrast of one color against another...they make me stop and admire.

Among my favorite childhood memories, is the day I made a DIY Kaleidoscope during a Girl Scout meeting...
We were instructed to bring in broken or mismatched crayons (the staple in any kids art box).
We then broke them into little pieces, placed them between two layers of parchment paper and ironed the paper with the help of our troop leader! As I watched the colors melt together...I had my first HueGASM! It was magical...I thought of the endless combination of colors I could put together and wondered if I could convince my mom to buy me brand new crayons just to melt them...A cardboard papertowel roll & a rubber band finished the project! The mini entrepreneur in me thought maybe I could sell kaleidoscopes on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment